Position Announcement, October 2022
Meridian Institute has an immediate opening for a full-time Project Coordinator to work remotely, or from the Washington, DC or Dillon, CO office. This position is ideal for driven candidates who are looking for a high energy job with a purpose and want to support big change from behind the scenes.
Meridian is a nonprofit consultancy that engages in dynamic problem solving with global leaders in business, government, civil society, philanthropy, and beyond. We bring people together, helping them navigate the dynamic variables that shape any collaborative search for solutions—from individual relationships to geopolitical considerations. Our work spans industries and sectors and includes projects focused on agriculture and food systems, climate change, forests, oceans and coasts, resilience, and science and technology, among others. Across these areas, we build and support partnerships that address our world’s complex challenges.
Across our broad range of services, the Project Coordinator is an integral part of project teams, supporting logistics and coordination, including meeting and event planning. This role works across multiple project teams from start to finish and across topic areas and global landscapes. Projects range from one-month efforts focused on a single meeting to multi-year projects where the Meridian team facilitates ongoing engagement to develop, design, and implement a collaborative initiative. No project is the same, so the role of the Project Coordinator varies from project to project.
The starting pay range for this position is $23.17 – $27.00 per hour ($48,190 – $56,160 per year), based on the level of education and relevant experience. This is an hourly, non-exempt position eligible for overtime.
Meridian is dedicated to advancing our employees’ professional growth, supporting employee wellbeing, and helping them meet their healthcare and retirement needs. Meridian employees receive competitive benefits including:
- A dynamic and inclusive work environment
- Flexible work schedules and locations for proven high performers
- Structured professional development opportunities
- Medical, dental, and a variety of voluntary insurance coverages for employees, partners, and families
- Generous vacation and sick leave, plus 12 holidays (fixed and floating)
- Employee Assistance Program
- DC Office Employees Only – Metro expense reimbursement for commute into work
- Remote Workers Only – home office internet allowance
About the Position:
The Project Coordinator works across Meridian projects, both domestic and international, that focus on a wide variety of challenging substantive issue areas and on a variety of platforms, both virtual and in-person. This role manages and maintains all project material and data, produces internal and external communications, and provides overall support to multiple teams and projects. Typical areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinate availability and schedule calls and meetings
- Coordinate electronic and verbal communication with participants and project teams
- Manage and maintain project MS Teams sites and other technical tools decided by the team for effective collaboration and communication
- Manage and maintain project participant contact data
- Coordinate all aspects of meeting logistics and planning, both in-person and virtual
- Compile and prepare meeting materials, including proofreading for errors and last-minute revisions
- Manage participant RSVPs for meetings, interviews, and other events
- Assist with project budgets and proposals
- Other general administrative needs of the project team as needed
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in meeting or event planning
- Exceptional level of professionalism and service with all levels of stakeholders and staff
- Effective working remotely and/or with remote staff over varying time zones
- Thorough technical knowledge and proficiency with Zoom, Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, OneNote, PowerPoint), and other commonly used computer programs and technology, such as Airtable and Doodle Poll
- Full professional proficiency or higher in English; professional fluency in a foreign language is also highly valued, specifically but not limited to Spanish
- Legally able to work in the United States without visa support/sponsorship
The full job description can be found here.
How to Apply:
Completed applications will be evaluated as received. Deadline for applications is October 31, 2022.
Please submit the following application materials using our online submission form:
- Cover Letter – 1 page
Drawing from your personal and professional experiences, please explain how you hope to contribute to Meridian in this role.
- Resume – 1-2 pages
Detail relevant education, training, experiences, and accomplishments.
- Three Professional References
We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact with those chosen for an interview.
About Meridian Institute:
Meridian Institute is a mission-driven, nonprofit consultancy that has helped clients and partners develop and implement solutions to complicated, often controversial problems—big and small, global and local—for over two decades.
Effective collaborative decision-making involves bringing together participants with diverse backgrounds and differing viewpoints. As an organization, we seek staff that reflects and values that same diversity; successful Meridian team members are experienced working in multicultural settings and welcome new opportunities to widen their own perspectives. We bring integrity, inclusiveness, and respect for differences to every project we undertake. We are working to ensure that Meridian possesses the expertise needed to partner with—and build trust among—marginalized and disenfranchised communities, while advancing justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) within our organization and our work.
Meridian Institute complies fully with the relevant Disability Acts and Laws in local countries. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Meridian Institute, please contact us at email@example.com.
At this time, Meridian Institute requires that all employees be fully vaccinated, including booster shots. In circumstances where an applicant communicates that he or she is not able to be vaccinated for COVID-19 because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance or because of a disability, then Meridian, in accordance with applicable law, will engage in the interactive process to determine if a reasonable accommodation is feasible that will not pose an undue hardship or create a direct threat to safety.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Meridian recognizes that our work is made stronger and more impactful by the contributions of diverse groups from around the world. At Meridian, we welcome people from all backgrounds and do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, creed, class, ancestry, or other grounds.
Meridian Institute is a participating employer in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security program, E-Verify.