Position Announcement, April 2023
Meridian Institute has an immediate opening for a full-time Project Coordinator. This position is ideal for driven candidates looking for a high energy job with a purpose and want to support big change from behind the scenes. This position may be based remotely, with a strong preference for candidates in the Washington, DC or London, UK metro areas.
Across our broad range of services, the Project Coordinator is an integral part of project teams, supporting logistics and coordination, including meeting and event planning, both virtual and in person. This role works across multiple project teams from start to finish and across topic areas and global landscapes. Projects range from one-month efforts focused on a single meeting to multi-year projects. The Project Coordinator provides support to the project teams in a variety of ways, including setting up systems and tools, managing and maintaining data, scheduling and planning meetings with high demand individuals, and many other administrative responsibilities that keep the projects running smoothly.
The Project Coordinator starting pay range is $21.68 – $24.94 per hour ($45,100 – $51,865 annually), based on the level of education and relevant experience. This is an hourly, non-exempt position eligible for overtime.
Meridian is dedicated to advancing our employees’ professional growth, supporting their wellbeing, and helping employees meet their healthcare and retirement needs. Meridian provides a competitive benefits package, including:
- A dynamic and inclusive work environment with flexible work schedules and locations for proven high performers
- Professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
- A variety of voluntary insurances for employees, their families, and their pets
- Generous vacation and sick time, plus 12 paid holidays
- A robust Employee Assistance Program
- DC Office Employees may expense Metro commutes for work
- Remote employees receive a home office internet allowance
- Meridian partner benefits such as discounts and wellbeing opportunities
About the Position:
The work of the Project Coordinator focuses on supporting a diversity of Meridian projects, both virtually and in-person. This role manages and maintains all project materials and data (e.g., contact information, and other), schedules and plans meetings across multiple time zones, produces internal and external communications, and provides overall administrative support to multiple teams and projects. Projects are both domestic and international in scope. Typical areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinate availability and schedule calls and meetings
- Coordinate electronic and verbal communication with participants and project teams
- Manage and maintain project MS Teams sites and other technical tools decided by the team for effective collaboration and communication
- Manage and maintain project participant contact data and other data relevant to the project
- Coordinate all aspects of meeting logistics and planning, both in-person and virtual
- Compile and prepare meeting materials, including proofreading for errors and last-minute revisions
- Manage participant RSVPs for meetings, interviews, and other events
- Assist with project budgets and proposals
- Other general administrative needs of project teams as needed
- Minimum 2 years of experience in meeting or event planning
- Exceptional level of professionalism and service with all levels of stakeholders and staff
- Effective working remotely and/or with remote staff over varying time zones
- Thorough technical knowledge and proficiency with Zoom, Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, OneNote, PowerPoint), and other commonly used computer programs and technology, such as Airtable and Doodle Poll
- Full professional proficiency or higher in English; professional fluency in a foreign language is also highly valued, specifically but not limited to Spanish
The full job description can be found here.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following application materials using our online submission form:
- Cover Letter – 1 page
Drawing from your personal and professional experiences, please explain how you hope to contribute to Meridian in this role.
- Resume – 1-2 pages
Detail relevant education, training, experiences, and accomplishments as well as dates of employment.
- Three Professional References
The deadline to apply is May 19, 2023. All applications will be reviewed by our team. We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact only with those chosen to interview. Due to capacity constraints on our hiring team, we are unable to provide specific status updates beyond these parameters. Our ideal start date for this role is June 14, 2023.
About Meridian Institute:
Meridian Institute is a mission-driven, nonprofit consultancy that has helped clients and partners develop and implement solutions to complicated, often controversial problems—big and small, global and local—for over two decades.
Effective collaborative decision-making involves bringing together participants with diverse backgrounds and differing viewpoints. As an organization, we seek staff that reflects and values that same diversity; successful Meridian team members are experienced working in multicultural settings and welcome new opportunities to widen their own perspectives. We bring integrity, inclusiveness, and respect for differences to every project we undertake. We are working to ensure that Meridian possesses the expertise needed to partner with—and build trust among—marginalized and disenfranchised communities, while advancing justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) within our organization and our work.
Meridian Institute complies fully with the relevant Disability Acts and Laws in local countries. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Meridian Institute, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this time, Meridian Institute requires that all employees be fully vaccinated, including booster shots. In circumstances where an applicant communicates that he or she is not able to be vaccinated for COVID-19 because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance or because of a disability, then Meridian, in accordance with applicable law, will engage in the interactive process to determine if a reasonable accommodation is feasible that will not pose an undue hardship or create a direct threat to safety.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Meridian recognizes that our work is made stronger and more impactful by the contributions of diverse groups from around the world. At Meridian, we welcome people from all backgrounds and do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, creed, class, ancestry, or other grounds.
Meridian Institute is a participating employer in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security program, E-Verify.